Monday, September 8, 2008

Sketch Challenge

This was my first time to make a card using a sketch challenge.  I see them on Splitcoast Stampers all of the time but I haven't had the time to do one until now.  Beate Johns has a blog that I follow and every weekend she has a sketch and you can make a card using that sketch.  So this weekend I was determined that I was going to make a card using her sketch.  I turned the sketch to the side but kept the layout exactly as she had it.

Here are the details:
I took an 8x4 inch piece of SU Kraft cardstock and folded it to make a 4x4 inch card.  Then a put a layer of SU Riding Hood Red that I had embossed using the Textile Cuttlebug embossing folder.  After that I added a strip of Kraft cardstock that I had paper pierced along the edge and then a narrower strip of Riding Hood Red.  I attached 3 silver brads to that strip and added it to the card.  The I stamped using Riding Hood Red ink on Kraft cardstock an image from Pocket Silhouettes from SU.  I added this final layer to the card front with dimensionals.  

It was a fairly easy card but I just love the look of the Red on Kraft.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Beate said...

Great card, Denise! I love the color combo and the textured background. Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Melody said...

I didn't know you had a Cuttlebug! We need to have a "stampin' weekend" one of these days!

I'm going to ask Ben if I can use the time-share one weekend after football season is finished just to get a break. Maybe the two of us could go and just chill and stamp stuff!

Melody said...

I expected to come by and see all kinds of new stuff since you have a clean desk to stamp on! I'm at Jungle Java with the kids(well, 2 of the kids--the other 2 didn't see the need to do schoolwork this week...aargh!) I wish I'd have checked to see if you could come. I forgot my book, I have no money for coffee, and it's not as easy to read blogs on this phone...it's better than nothing, but it's not always easy!