Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jenna's Birthday Card

My little girl will be turning six this Friday!  I can't believe the years have gone so quickly.

Today I stamped a birthday card to give to her using one of my new Stampin' Up! sets.  This set is called Sock Monkey and will be available in the new catalog which is coming out on August 11.  I was able to preorder a couple of sets from the new catalog but I am anxious to see what else is new.  I'm sure I'll be getting some new stamps in a few weeks!

I stamped the monkey image and the cupcake image onto Whisper White cardstock and then colored with the Koh-i-noor pencils that I ordered from Gina K. Designs.  I used odorless mineral spirits and blending stumps to blend the colors together and give the monkey a shaded look.  I love how this makes it have more dimension.  I also colored the cupcake and the cut it out and added it with a dimensional onto the monkey's arm to look like he was holding the cupcake.  Then I layered onto Rose Red (which I also used for the card base) as well as a retired Designer Series Paper.  I used this because I really wanted to pull in the pink and make it look like a "girly" card.  The sentiment is from the Inque Boutique set called Birthday.  All of the stamping was done with a Stampin' Up! Basic Black ink pad.

Check back tomorrow for another card using one of the new stamp sets as well as some new colors that Stampin' Up! has released for the coming year.  And best of all this card will feature a new scalloped border punch.  If you've ever stamped with me before you know how much I love my punches and this one is wonderful!  

See you tomorrow!

No comments: